From me to you
With New York Fashion Week coming to a close, I find it only necessary to post a few ideas and opportunities for us to also break into the fashion industry. Here are a few opportunities that could lead you in the right direction.
4. Cynthia Rowley is looking for a PR Intern to start asap: email res. + avail. in the body of email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. @Marcjacobsintl is still looking for a social media/tweeting queen..tweet at him!
- Be proactive! Even if the website doesn’t state any opening positions, email them anyway with your interest.
- If you are a student, do an internship! Also be willing to relocate temporarily.
- Not a student, not a problem. Look for local magazine publications to get your foot through the door.
My travel schedule for 2011:
March - The Netherlands
April - Texas
May till June - The Netherlands
June - France
August - Bali & Jakarta
October - Suriname
Amsterdam has a wonderful variety of great vintage pieces, as well as local designers. European threads are unique and have a more couture fit on the lower end scale.
Texas - Usually has its own style and some states have different inventory in comparison to others. If you are a local and are looking for unique or beautiful clothes that you cannot find in your area send me an email.
France - There isn’t much to be said about France that we don’t already know. As it is one of the major hubs of Fashion (THE fashion capital). You have the opportunity to shop in Paris without having to actually fly there!
Indonesia - A country full of master artisans, you can find tribal and earthy feel accessories for your home. Think Z Gallerie without the four figure price tag. On top of that you have the opportunity to design your own shoe!
Suriname - Known for its beautiful gold jewelry, you also have the ability to have your own designs made. The pieces are incredible and I have been saving for the chance to snatch some up while I’m there.
My first trip will be in March. If you have any interests in shopping in another country without the hassle of paying for a flight and hotel. Please send me an email stating what you are looking for and your measurements. Send me a message.
I will snap some photos of all the amazing things I see while on my travels. If anything sparks your interest just include it in your message :)
I look forward to working with you!